The Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern PA will award $35,000 to a local entrepreneur with a “Big Idea,” according to Senator Scott Hutchinson.
To qualify for the BFTP/CNP Big Idea Business Plan contest, an applicant must:
- Be located in one of the seven counties served by the BFTP/CNP Erie Office: Erie, Clarion, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Warren, or Forest.
- Have a new, marketable tech-business idea that includes a commercialization plan.
- Have no significant sales if a product has already been developed.
- Have less than 50 employees if a company has been formed.
- Never received previous BFTP funding.
Visit http://bigidea.benfranklin.org for a complete description of the rules, entry forms, and FAQs. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m., April 19, 2013.