To all who have called, emailed, or commented on my Facebook page regarding Polk Center and the Wolf Administration’s unexpected announcement of its closing, thank you for your input.
As you know, Polk Center is a critical part of our community and provides invaluable services to some of the most vulnerable among us. I will continue to do all I can for Polk Center, its employees, its residents and their loved ones.
In furtherance of this effort, I have created this page to keep you updated on information regarding Polk Center going forward. Thank you again for all who have reached out to me about this important issue. Together, let’s work to #SavePolkCenter.
- Committee Approves Legislation to Delay Polk Center Closure October 22, 2019
- Senators Call for Probe of DHS Decision to Close State Centers October 15, 2019
- Legislation Would Delay Polk Center Closure October 4, 2019
- Public hearing on the Closures of the Polk and White Haven State Centers September 20, 2019
- Senator Hutchinson’s Testimony Opposing Polk Center Closure September 9, 2019
- DHS Announces Time, Venue Changes for Polk, White Haven State Center Public Hearings August 27, 2019
- Debate Heats Up August 27, 2019
- Rally to save Polk Center set Sept. 2 August 22, 2019
- Polk Center anger August 21, 2019
- Department of Human Services Announces Three-Year Plan to Close Two State Centers, Transition Residents to Community Living August 14, 2019